We started making Christmas cookies the other day. I started with the peanut butter cup cookies, we made those too soon though cuz we ate them all. Now we have the pretzel treats (so easy) they taste like chocolate covered pretzels without the mess. The girls like to help :). Jaycie's idea of help with the peanut butter cup cookies was to lick all the chocolate off of about 12 of the cookies. I let them unwrap all of the kisses for the cookies and the pretzels. They did pretty good. I still had to really watch them though. Saree seemed to think she should be able to eat one or two for every one that got put in the bowl.
This Christmas season has seen us at the receiving end of a lot of kindness. We have a Secret Santa, that has been fun. The girls race to the door to check if Santa has come several times a day. (If the cat is ever out of the bag we're going to have a little chat about the 4 WHISTLES though). We also had someone give us a tree - I had mentioned we had decided against one this year for various reasons. Sure enough one was dropped off. Jim then went into work and checked in his in box to find a card with $100 dollars in it. It's been very humbling, the Lord does answer prayers, it's just hard when you know that there are people in town that have a whole lot less than we do. We feel kind of bad thinking that someone else might not get anything at all when we are being given so much.
Jim and I both have 2 weeks off now. I'm not sure what our plans are for activities, but I know we aren't going to just stay home (unless we get more snow). It snowed here the last couple of days. The first day saw about 8 inches - snow day at the school. I found it somewhat humorous considering that school hardly ever got called for that paltry amount in Montana. It does look like a white Christmas this year though.
Next week brings my first Mammogram (can't tell you how not excited I am about that one). I also will be having a complete blood work up. So I'm sure I'm going to hear that I have high cholesterol (thanks Mom & Dad).
No comments:
Post a Comment